Treatment of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), to ostensibly clear calcification debris from the labyrinth (semicircular canals). Use it if the Dix-Hallpike Maneuver is positive, or whenever you diagnose BPPV. Teach it to patients to perform at home.Every diagram I find is slightly different; the one below will suffice. Start at the top, sitting up. Some comments about it:
- Hold each position for at least 30 seconds.
- Each change of position is performed rapidly.
- Can skip the bottom left (“head is turned even further”) and go directly to the “face the floor” pose.
- Then, when pt sits up at end, they should keep their chin bent way down for another 30 secs before assuming upright posture.
- If maneuver helped, keep repeating it.
- If no help, do it with the other ear first, mirror image.