- Episodes of ≥2 different CNS deficits
- Separated in time
- Episodes should last ≥24 hrs.
- Vertigo could be one of them
- Sensory symptoms: Paresthesias, numbness, coldness, etc.
- Uthoff Phenomenon: sensory Sx ↑ w/ heat (fevers, hot showers)
- Lhermitte’s Sign: electric shock runs down body upon neck flexion
- Visual disturbances, painful or not (optic neuritis)
- Double vision
- Weakness in just one part of the body, especially if disturbed gait
- Urinary incontinence / retention (exaggerated)
- Decreased pinprick in areas of sensory symptoms
- Optic atrophy (unilat. pale optic disk)
- Afferent Pupillary Defect
- Dx has lifelong implications
- Treatment is tricky
See posting Vertigo – 1.