- Onset usually 40 – 60 y.o.
Signs / SymptomsEar (most common):
- Recurrent inflammation of external ear (pinna) [see pix below]
- Usually spares the ear lobe
Eye: Episcleritis, Scleritis, Keratitis, UveitisNose: Chronic / recurrent Congestion, Runny Nose, Epistaxis.
- Eventual destruction of cartilage below bridge the of nose (“Saddle Nose”)
- Eventual stenosis & airway compromise
Inner Ear: Hearing loss (sensineural), tinnitus, vertigo
Skin: Various manifestations, none specific
None are diagnostic; All may be normalMay find (approx. frequency)
- ESR elevation (85%)
- Anemia (50%)
- Increased WBCs (33%)
- ANA Positive (20%)
- Pos. Rheumatoid Factor; Eosinophilia; Pos. RPR (10-15%)
See posting Polyarthralgias.